August 09, 2011

Joanna Hillman

It is so weird when your oldest childhood friend becomes a publicly known name. Meet Joanna Hillman.  Jo and I go way back to toddlers in a bathtub, and now she is (well we both are) all grown up and on every blog and popping up in my monthly magazine reads.  Joanna is the hardest working girl I know and I could not be more proud of her!! Joanna started as an assistant stylist and has worked her way up through Teen Vogue to Harpers Bazaar as the Senior Fashion Market Editor. 

Joanna took a few minutes to answer some of my questions for my first blog interview!



nonjaded: How did you get started in this business (i kinda know this :)?
JH: My mom was a model when she was in her teens and early 20’s and I begged her to do the same at a young age.  Although I was a terrible model, it opened my eyes to the behind the scenes world of fashion.

nonjaded: What are your favorite things about living and working in NYC?
JH: My favorite thing about NYC is also the thing that bugs me the most about the city-the non-stop pace!
There is no city like New York.  After living here for almost a decade, it is my home and can’t imagine living anywhere else.  The restaurants are reason alone.

nonjaded: What keeps you motivated when you have to commit to such long hours?
JH: I love what I do, it is a dream come true..but I also think taking vacation to clear your head is imperative to ensure you don’t burn-out.

nonjaded: Who has been your favorite person to work with thus far?
JH: It was an incredible experience to assist Lori Goldstein while shooting with Richard Avedon!

nonjaded: What is your proudest moment in fashion?
JH: Really proud of my Tommy Ton shoot out in Bazaar this month (August)!


Have a look at some of Joanna's amazing style...



Joanna and me back in the day :)









No comments:

Post a Comment